Thursday, August 6, 2009

~Zuchinni Bites~




No! Zuchinni doesnt bite! I came up with an idea to make Zuchinni in smaller bite size pieces! I have a minature muffin pan, that worked great for this idea! With 4 kids, having snacks they can just grab and go is Awesome! So I made the Zuchinni mixture and made mini muffins! It was a big hit and the kids love them.
Here's the recipe I used.
1 1/2 cups of all purposed flour
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
1 beaten egg
1 cup sugar
1 cup finely shredded,unpealed zuchinni
1/4 cup cooking oil
recipe also calls for 1/2 cup chopped walnuts or pecans (kids dont like nuts, so i added none)
Oven on 350 degrees
Since I used a mini cupcake pan cooking time was 20 min or so.
For doing a loaf cook for 50min.
Spray the pan you are using!
In 1 bowl combine Flour, cinnamon, baking soda, salt, baking powder, & nutmeg. Mix it up and make a well in center of mixture and set aside.
In bowl number 2. Combine egg, sugar, zuchinni & oil. mix well.
Add Zuchinni mixture to flour mixture. Stir until moistened (batter should be lumpy)



Then spooned the mixture into my mini cupcake pan. Baked for 20 min. check with toothpic to check if cooked all the way through. When done, I poped em out of pan and placed on baking rack to cool. Let them cool for an hour and put them in a container!



Happy Grab and Go eating!!!

3 comments:

  1. Hi Jenn,
    I live in Scotland and have an allotment where I grow vegetables and try to use recycled material on my plot.
    This is my first visit to your blog. I really like it and will certainly be back.
    Best wishes,

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for checking out my site! Im off to check yours out. have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much Jenn.
    I have added you as a favourite to my Vegetable Growers blogroll.

    I am so envious of all your chillies, and the fact that you can grow them outdoors. We do not have the climate here, and I forgot to plant some seeds this year, so there are none in the greenhouse either.

    PS love those homemade preserves too.

    ReplyDelete

My message board is always hungry! Please feed it with your thoughts!