Tuesday, August 3, 2010

~Tomato Tuesday~

You say Tomato, I say Tamatoe!

Its time for another Tomato Tuesday! Just a couple pictures today!


Here I have a couple Red Lightening, Green Zebra, & Beefsteak. Also there are a couple of Bell Peppers.


This Tomato confuses me! This was supposed to be an Heirloom Pineapple Tomato! I dont think thats what this is. Any ideas?


I am also starting to get Cherry Tomatos. Sweet 100's. Yellow Pear & Black Cherry.



I have made Pizza sauce!


Froze some diced Black Krim Tomatos for future soups.


Using Black Krims I have also made Bruschetta.

What have you made using your Tomato harvest?
Happy Tomato Picking!


3 comments:

  1. They are so pretty! I can't wait until we have enough room to grow a "real" garden.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those look great. Hey, what recipe do you use for your pizza sauce? I want to make some with my tomatoes, and yours looks yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jenn,
    Your garden goodies look incredible! Your green zebras look much better than mine. I may have to move them to the southern facing side with the strawberries next yr.

    I haven't had enough tomatoes coming in yet to get too carried away. I made what I thought would be a big batch of spaghetti sauce but after dinner, there was NOTHING left LOL. Well, that's how it goes the first batch or two...and we're snacking on them, too.

    Once they start to pile up, I do lasagna roll-ups for the freezer and then I start packing in the layers of spaghetti sauce.

    It's been a really long time since I canned...I want to say it's been over a decade but was just talking to the hubs about starting back up again this year....we'll see.

    ReplyDelete

My message board is always hungry! Please feed it with your thoughts!