Friday, May 6, 2011

Black is the New Green...Flat Tire Decor


What uses do you think of when it comes to old tires?

 You know, the ones that end up on the side of your house or somewhere in your backyard being an eye sore. You often wonder what you should be doing with them. Some people use them as planters, tire swings,or whatever they can come up with.



Today, I want to share with you a company that I recently learned about. 
The company I am talking about is, Flat Tire Decor!  They are  finding great uses for all those old tires that may otherwise end up in a landfill. What a way to Reduce, Reuse & Recycle! I think it's a fabulous idea! 

This company is based out of Milwaukee, Wisconsin! One thing I really love about this company, they  offer work experience and training to people with disabilities! To learn more, check out Curative Care Network!  Now that my friends, is AWESOME!

I received the Newport tire basket to review. The tire basket is really durable and I love the authentic colors of the tire basket. No tire basket will look the same, all tire baskets will have their own authentic look. I really like the fact that this tire is not in a landfill and is being put to good use.


I am using mine for chicken scratch. The handles will make it easy for me to transport the scratch from my house out to my chicken coop! 

You could use this basket for many things, gardening tools, knitting supplies or even to hold small toys and books in your car to keep your young ones entertained.

Flat Tire Decor is a company I would proudly share with people. I love supporting company's that make positive change for people with disabilities and our planet. 

To learn more about them, check out their website above or check out their Flat Tire Footwear !

You can also follow them on Twitter & Facebook

How do you Reuse old tires? What are some ways you would use Flat Tire Decor baskets if you had one?

Happy Recycling Friends!!!


Flat Tire Decor sent me product to review, the opinions of the product are my own!



4 comments:

  1. What a great idea to use up old tires. I really like the scroll mats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. SiestaSister, Those scroll mats are very cool! Thanks for visiting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have some old tires in my herb garden...they are cut on the top and spraypainted to look like flowers. I love the NEWPORT basket. I would put all kinds of things in that to haul around the room. I adore baskets.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG - I have been drooling over these since I saw Mr. Brown Thumb post about them. They are so freaking awesome! I would probably use them to carry around garden tools - right now, I'm using a Home Depot bucket and just throw everything in. I also think they'd be pretty awesome as a planter - maybe drill some holes in the bottom. So awesome!

    ReplyDelete

My message board is always hungry! Please feed it with your thoughts!