Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Box Spring Gardening!


Reduce, Reuse & Recycle!!!!!




A had this box spring from a bed and i used every piece of it! None of it will end up in a landfill. How awesome is that. Im lowering mt carbon foot print any way i can! So I had my most awesome hubby tear it apart for me. I used all the wood from the box spring to make wood stakes for my tomatos and pepper plant. Gave me 18 stakes. I used the metal wire mesh and hung it on my fence to use as a trellis for my jasmine so it will grow sideway along the back of my fence! so awesome. then i took the springs and buying some metal stakes or dowels and welding the springs on the the metal posts and make candle holders for around my garden. so i can lite them outside for a warm glowing feel on summer nites. Im also making them to hold soda cans next to my lawn chairs so the cans dont have to sit in the ground and get bugs in them. Still thinking of a few extra ideas to use them for. when im done making them i will post some pics. Last but not least the fabric that was on the box spring, i cut into squares and washed them and donated them to the SPCA for the animals to lay on as lil bedding! All that was left of the box spring were nails. So i used the nails to hammer the wire mesh from the box spring to the fence and then saved the rest. Do your part to reduce your footprint. Last year i used all the pieces of a metal futon in my garden and im using them again this year. I was excitied about my ideas and what i did.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My message board is always hungry! Please feed it with your thoughts!