Wednesday, June 17, 2009

My first mini Harvest!







I had a nice lil afternoon in my Garden today! Lots of lil suprises! I decided to go through my garden and see if I had anything more to harvest beside Zuchinni and I was in luck! I had 4 Yellow Pear Tomatoes, 1 Bell Pepper, A handful of Sugar Snap Peas, Zuchinni and some baby Carrots! I know its not much, but I was very excitied! Its nice to see all the hard work ive been doing, pay off! Im looking forward to getting lots more. I know soon I wont be able to keep up with everything. I will be harvesting everything at once. I also have an almost red tomato, should be ready in a few days! First red one of the season. As of now, this is wahts growing in the garden! Carrots, Fennyl, Zuchinni, Yellow Squash, Peter Pan Sqaush, Cukes, Okra, Peas (3 varities) Green beans (2 varieties) Yellow wax Beans, Lima Beans. Im also growing 6 differnt Peppers and multiple Tomatoes! Lots of differnt herbs, such as cilantro,Dill, parsley, sage, rosemary, chives and thyme. Im also growing Walla Walla Onions, Red torpedo onions and Scallions. In another part of my yard im growing Pumpkins, Gourds, Butternut Squash and Table Queen. I even have re-sowed aLettuce bed, next to my Baby Spinach. I think thats all ive got going on. Although I keep adding stuff along the way. I dont have a huge backyard, but I am coming up with invintive ways to use every sqaure inch I do have! Next year, I think I will just do the whole backyard! Im excitied to see how this years garden will turn out! I will keep Yall posted, as new things grow and come out of the garden. In pictures from time to time you will see my recycled items throught the garden! I hope you enjoy my newest post. Sorry if I rambled, im just so EXCITIED!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jenn,

    I have an offer you can't refuse! Win a $100 gift card to the Home Depot! Please visit my blog for details and ENTER to win!!!

    http://sacramentogardening.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

My message board is always hungry! Please feed it with your thoughts!