Thursday, August 6, 2009

~ Oven Dried Tomatoes~



Fresh Garden Tomatoes are the best! Romas are growing like crazy in the garden right now. Theres only so much tomatoe paste one family needs. Time to get creative. Drying them is a great idea! Once dried you can use them for many things! Such as Pizza, Focassia Bread or even eating them as they are!
Ive been craving Focassia Bread ever since a friend on Twitter @retrogirl02 mentioned she dried some tomatoes in the oven to make some. Since I had a ton of Roma Tomatoes I decided it was time to dry some myself! The tomatoes turned out very yummy and I cant wait to buy some Focassia bread from the Farmers market and if the dont have any, I will try to make some.
The recipe is very simple!
1 pound of Roma Tomatoes
Olive Oil
Balsamic Vinager ( I used Red Wine Vinager, I was out of Balsamic)
Kosher Salt
NOTE: If you use Red Wine Vinager, Tomatoes will be more tart
Oven on at 315 degrees
Slice the tomatoes lengthwise.
Lay the slices on a nonstick cookie sheet.
Brush the tomatoes with Olive oil.
Salt the tomatoes
Then drizzle 4 tbl. spoons of Balsamic vinager orRed Wine Vinager
Roast for 1 hour, basting the tomatoes every 15 minutes with Balsamic Vinager






No comments:

Post a Comment

My message board is always hungry! Please feed it with your thoughts!