Thursday, January 13, 2011

Chicken Noodle soup for this Garden soul!

  The best part of winter, SOUP! 


In  my Chicken Noodle Soup I was able to use some
of the Celery leaves I dried from last springs harvest.
They still had a nice strong smell, I used 1/4 cup of the  celery leaves in my soup. Cooking it all day! Made my belly growl all afternoon! I  Made a double batch, so half went into the freezer for another cold day!  
 I diced up a small yellow onion and cut up 8 carrots.
Also adding salt and pepper and of course the dried celery leaves. I also added 3 cups of chicken broth and 4 cups of water. Oh and not to forget the 2 pounds of boneless chicken. I let my soup simmer on the stove for about 5 hours.




 About the last 30 minutes is when I add the noodles.
I have a recipe for homemade, but did not make them that day! Possibly a future post! I also use this same recipe when I make Dough ball  soup.(what my kids call it) I just take Biscuit dough and drop small pieces into the soup. Its pretty Yummy!



Final result, yummy! We also had some grilled cheese
 sandwiches made with apple wood smoked cheddar cheese. 
What are some of your favorite winter soups???  

Happy Winter!!!

1 comment:

  1. this soup looks delicious! I love the dried celery leaves. If I can get some celery to grow this year, then I would like to do that.

    ReplyDelete

My message board is always hungry! Please feed it with your thoughts!