Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Saving Seeds for the Future Garden


Heres a few pictures of seeds that I harvested from last summers growing season! This is the first year I have saved my own seeds! Im excitied to see if I have suceeded In harvesting my own seeds!


I harvested multiple Pepper seeds! Im calling them Mystery Peppers! I mixed then up in one basket by accident! So I am just going to grow them and see what I get! It will be fun trying to figure out what they may be! Here is what I grew last year! Hungarian Hot Wax, Cabanalle's, Serranos, Jalapeno and Cayenne!
So if I am correct thats what sould be growing! Guess we will have to wait and see.



Here is some Okra! I just dried out the pods and waited a couple of months and cut open the pods and dug out the seeds! I saved about 15 Okra pods.


By the time I finished, the jar in the background was half full! I have been giving them away to people who want to grow Okra!



These seeds are from Butternut Squash I grew! Made so many yummy meals using this squash! It is one of my favorites and it's a definite must for this years garden!



I also grew some White Pumpkins! These pumpkins made great tasting pies. I cant wait to grow these again!



Last but not least, Garlic Chives! I let about 40 flower and go to seed and dried them out! I will have lots of Garlic Chives to grow around my Tomatos this growing season!  Im so excitied to get started in the garden!

I harvested a few other seeds to! Some Honeydew and some Garlic that went to seed!

What seeds have you harvested? Tell me all about it and how you did it!

Happy Gardening!!!






No comments:

Post a Comment

My message board is always hungry! Please feed it with your thoughts!