Friday, March 5, 2010

Asparagus Chicken...Healthy and Yummy!


I always like to try veggies in new ways! One of my favorite dishes is Asparagus Chicken!


Here is how I make my version of Asparagus Chicken.

I cut up 3 boneless Chicken Breasts into bite size pieces.
I slice 1/3 of a white Onion.
I mince 2 cloves of Garlic 
I toss the chicken into a pan with 2 Tbls. of Exrtra Virgin Olive Oil.
I then add the Garlic and Onion.
I season with 2 tsp of cracked Black Pepper and 1 tsp of Kosher salt.
I then add 3 Tbls. of Seasame Seed Oil and a cpl pinches of crushed Red Pepper Flakes (Add more or less depending on how much heat you like)



I then chop up the Asparagus into about 1 inch pieces!
Add the Asparagus to the pan once the chicken is fully cooked.
I then add about 2Tbls of Soy sauce and stir!



I let it cook just enough until the Asparagus is Al Dente! I dont like my Asparagus soggy.
 If you want it less crunchy, cook a little bit longer to your liking!



I add the Asparagus Chicken over rice and top with chopped Scallions for extra flavor!

We usually eat this with my homemade egg rolls!
You can find my Egg Roll recipe here: Homemade Egg Rolls

Very Yummy and Healthy!

Happy Eating!!!



3 comments:

  1. that looks great! I will try it as soon as I can get some fresh local asparagus. You are such a creative cook!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks yummy and easy to fix. When I scrolled down and saw those worms, I was taken aback, because I thought the photo was going to be of something else you had cooked. Now, I'll have to go read that post.

    Thanks for visiting my blog. My kitchen remodel is next week, and I have gotten behind in my blogging while trying to get ready.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sue,
    Lol, cooked worms, not for me! Good luck on your remodel. I look forward to seeing the pics!

    Jenn

    Trina,
    When you visit, i will make it for you!
    Jenn

    ReplyDelete

My message board is always hungry! Please feed it with your thoughts!