Monday, January 3, 2011

A new year! Welcome 2011....



Hi Friends!!!
Happy New Year!!!

 I realize it has been a long time since I have posted. I have had so many things happen in my life and  I have been so busy with the holidays and all the repairs happening in my house.

The day after Thanksgiving, we had a water pipe burst in our kitchen! The leak was under the slab of concrete. They had to bring in a Jack Hammer and tear up my kitchen floor. After removing a wall and floor they found 2 more pipes with dime size holes! This of course meant lots of repairs for our kitchen and bathroom pipes. It ruined the hardwood in the kitchen, flooded out the bathroom and my sons room. They had to cut out walls and dry out the rooms. Once that was done, they added new walls, then paint to my sons room. The carpet is to go in sometime in the next week. My kitchen required a new floor and a new wall. The bathroom also received a new wall, sink, toilet and paint. It was definitely an adventure! They finished most repairs on Christmas Eve day. It was a lengthy process! I am just glad we had home owners insurance.

My sons room.

I still managed to do a little bit of baking and prepare for the holidays! We did minimal decorating with the rest of our house being in such a mess. Our family did have a very nice Christmas. I hope you had a wonderful Christmas too.


I am looking forward to getting back on track with my blog! 

How was your Holiday season?

Happy New Year Friends!


No comments:

Post a Comment

My message board is always hungry! Please feed it with your thoughts!